[Lazarus] Portable Version of Lazarus.

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 14:34:21 CEST 2011

On 17/06/2011 14:14, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> That doesn't solve the driveletter changing. If I understood everything
> correctly, for that you also need to rewrite the fpc.cfg and override
> lazarus dir using the (0.9.30+) --lazarus-dir parameter

Correct, and a simple application launcher (small utility appl) can do
this quite nicely. I even think startlaz should be modified to support
this - it should be quite handy for some developers, and makes startlaz
a bit more useful.

I have done this before with a small launcher app, but don't use it any
more...Just looked, I can't find the code for it either, sorry. What I
did was something like this:  The launcher app picked up the drive
letter (and path) where lazarus executable lives (they are both in the
same directory), then sets an environment variable before launching the
lazarus executable. The fpc.cfg uses the environment variable to
correctly specify the unit paths. Actually I can't remember if it was an
environment variables or a small auto generated text file that is
included via #INCLUDE inside fpc.cfg. Anyway, one of them worked.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/