[Lazarus] Fitting a form around a grid

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri Jun 17 18:22:00 CEST 2011

Mark Morgan Lloyd schrieb:

> Assuming the number of rows is known, I'm already doing that and finding
> that I have to adjust by different amounts depending on the widget set:
> I think that the issue is the amount of overhead between a form's size
> and the size of its client space. It would be nice to have a facility to
> specify a precise client size and have the container (i.e. form etc.)
> adjust to that, in other words the exact opposite of the standard
> situation.

Right, the current mix of form, control and client sizes is annoying.
When the form borders are hard to determine, because they are not
handled by the widgetset, but instead are handled by the window manager,
then *every* widgetset should allow to specify the client size, and the
window manager would add whatever window borders are configured.

DoDi