[Lazarus] RE : How to I publish the SearchFont method of TFontManager?

Alberto Narduzzi albertonarduzzi at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 20 22:21:45 CEST 2011

>      VFPImageCanvas.Font := VFreeTypeFont;<<-- if TTF font not exists
> I receive an AV here.

you cannot receive an AV just for assigning a (eventually...) NIL value
to a var; as NIL, although of little use, _is_ a valid value.

You may want to check the result value of your font after loading it (I
have no clue, thou', about how you achieve this), and only then take
proper action (i.e. default to some other font...).

Cheers, A.