[Lazarus] Compile and Build menu entries, Run- or Project-menu?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 10:04:54 CEST 2011

On 20/06/2011 13:45, Michael van Canneyt wrote:

> No, please keep them in 'Run'. This is delphi compatible.

I agree with your first part. We are creatures of habit. Most of us know
exactly where the menu items are, due to years of Lazarus IDE usage.
Changing them in a major way will be very frustrating to all - with near
zero real benefits.

As for the "delphi compatible" comment....well, since when is Lazarus
IDE's goals to be Delphi compatible with the Delphi IDE? As far as I
know, _only the LCL_ falls under the "delphi compatible" goal. The
Lazarus IDE is not meant to be Delphi IDE compatible in any way.

> But why not make a package that allows editing/customizing the menu ?

A much better idea indeed. Then each developer can tunes there menus to
there personal needs - the rest can leave it as is.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/