[Lazarus] Compile and Build menu entries, Run- or Project-menu?

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Jun 22 13:10:55 CEST 2011

On 22/06/2011 06:59, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 4:57 PM, Bart<bartjunk64 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Please leave Compile as the first entry in the Run menu.
>> I use it far more often than Run and I'm used ti it's location.
> +1 I am also in favor of moving Compile,Build,Clean,etc back to the
> top menu items.
>
> It is much quicker to click in one of the top items then going more to
> the bottom with the mouse, specially in virtual machines.
>
> Plus, that Delphi puts the build in the lower parts just makes this an
> advantage of Lazarus.

I don't personally mind, but:
- "Compile" and co  were always at the top.
- An easy and quick (even Quicker) access to "Run" your app is given, by
the "green arrow" speed button, in the toolbar. That is far easier to
reach than any entry in a menu

On the other hand, compile entries are now closer to the "build file"
entries (ok, that section is a mix of build and run)

Maybe a compromise could be reached. The amoount of "compile" and co
entries has grown.

- Keep  "Compile", (maybe "build",) and "Abort build" as top entries in
the menu.
- Have all the other extended versions together with the "build/run
file" section

Of course, then some people may want "quick compile" up too, since it
used to be....

just my 2 cents