[Lazarus] Compile and Build menu entries, Run- or Project-menu?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 08:40:10 CEST 2011

On 06/23/2011 06:49 PM, Jesus Reyes wrote:
> For me "Run" is the menu where "Compile" commands are. Menus are most
> of time accessed by mouse, and for that "Run" commands on main
> toolbar are accessed quickly, but there are no "Compile" commands on
> toolbar (hint).

HINT:
  It has been possible for many years. Install the "editor toolbar"
add-on, then place the "Compile" and "Build" items on that editor
toolbar. One click access - no problems! ;-)

I guess if the main form's toolbar was configurable, the editor toolbar
add-on wouldn't have been needed. But the add-on has served me well for
the last 3 or so years.

HINT #2:
  Place the Jump Back/Forward items on the toolbar too. This allows you
to reserve your code navigation with the mouse - instead of keyboard
shorcuts. Seeing that you need a mouse to Ctrl+Click, the mouse for
going back in history seems logical.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/