[Lazarus] First impressions of Lazarus under Mac OS X

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 09:20:14 CEST 2011

On 06/24/2011 06:50 AM, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> This is a known problem for all platforms. I already addressed it in an
> extension of TScreen, where the usable range of screen or monitor
> coordinates (BoundsRect?) could take into account a task bar - but this
> requires according support on all platforms.

I can at least say with certainty that you can detect and query the
position of the "taskbar" under Gnome and Windows. How that gets
integrated in LCL - well I'll leave that up to somebody that knows LCL
internals.

> Apart from that I'm still waiting for *full* support of negative display
> coordinates, as occur on my multi-monitor system :-(

Ah, don't talk about multi-monitors. I use a two monitor setup at work
under Linux (Gnome desktop). So many apps are screwed because of this.
At it's so damn annoying having popup dialogs/windows appear in the
centre of the available desktop space (across both monitors)!

>> 5) The main form of the IDE was HUGE. Spanning the whole width of the
>> iMac's display. That just looked totally out of place, but that's
>> maybe just my opinion.
>
> +1 :-(
>
> Half of the screen width would be sufficient on nowadys 16:9 wide
> flatscreens, with room for a full-height editor window beneath it.

That would indeed be a good set of defaults.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/