[Lazarus] ComboBox Bug

David Copeland david.copeland at jsidata.ca
Fri Jun 24 17:48:08 CEST 2011

Hi,

I believe I have found a ComboBox bug, but I don't how I should
categorize it. If you click on the "expand list" down arrow of the
control, the program is terminated and the following message is
displayed.

david.copeland at dbc:~/projects/test> ./CBBug
The program 'CBBug' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)'.
  (Details: serial 6119 error_code 11 request_code 53 minor_code 0)
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
function.)
david.copeland at dbc:~/projects/test>

My environment is ...

Lazarus version: SVN 31344.
Widgetset: GTK2.
FPC version: 2.4.2
OS: openSuse 11.4

To reproduce the behaviour I created an app with one form containing
just the ComboBox. The Items list is empty. However, If I add lines to
Items, even a blank line, the above does not occur.

I can send my test project if needed.

Regards,
Dave Copeland.