[Lazarus] Compile and Build menu entries, Run- or Project-menu?

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Fri Jun 24 20:39:36 CEST 2011

On 6/23/2011 10:21, michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Jun 2011, Juha Manninen wrote:
>> This one is a matter of opinion and habbit.
>> I like the new order because I never use "Build" myself. I hit "Run" and the
>> project is built automatically.
>> Why would someone want to build a project without running it? Running is the
>> ultimate goal, right?
>
> Huh ?
>
> I do build all the time, to check whether my code compiles. It is very seldom
> that I do run. Depending on the project, I even never hit run.

yeah, this is me, too... i build to ensure my code compiles... after i add more
and check the build, i /might/ run it to see if it actually operates as designed
and/or expected ;)

as for the menu layout, i don't have an opinion, really... i'm still in the
process of learning the layout, the whole entire new paradigm of GUI stuffs, and
what i cannot do that i used to do all the time in TP ;)