[Lazarus] How to use Lazrus IDE as a test case?

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sat Jun 25 09:24:10 CEST 2011

Martin schrieb:
> On 24/06/2011 17:07, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
>> Currently I want to modify a component, that also is used in the IDE.
>> Consequently I want to use the IDE as a test case, covering many
>> issues not found in simple test programs. Now I ran into a strange
>> problem:
> "test case" as in "automated test", or as in "application to test within" ?

The latter. When the component has passed basic tests, I want to test
its integration into the IDE.

>> When I want to debug Lazarus.lpi, it seems to behave properly, but
>> when I then rebuild the IDE, it exposes a different behaviour, e.g.
>> hangs on startup :-(
> press "pause" and see where?

The new IDE only hangs, when started. No forms... :-(

>> I already tried to rebuild the IDE *without* making it the new
>> Lazarus.exe, but even then Lazarus.lpi behaves differently from
>> Lazarus.new.exe :-(
> Not sure what you mean....

Before the LCL became a package, I had to recompile the LCL and IDE
manually (except linking), then I could run Lazarus.lpi to test the new
IDE. This procedure seems to work no more :-(

>> What can I do, to debug Lazarus.new.exe or equivalent?
>
> I usually have no such issues.
> - Open project lazarus.lpi (as you have done)
> - In "run params", slect the exe you whish to test

Ah, that did the trick :-)

DoDi