[Lazarus] Absolute paths on different platforms

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun Jun 26 13:50:43 CEST 2011

Mark Morgan Lloyd schrieb:

> Does Windows still support commands like "subst" and "join"?

A friend uses SUBST e.g. for his own libraries, and he cannot use
FPC/Lazarus because these are unable to find his files in e.g. X:\.

> Alternatively I believe that it does now have an equivalent of symlinks
> for directories.

NT is POSIX compatible, at least with regards to files and inodes.
Symlinks exist since the introduction of desktop shortcuts/icons and the
Windows Explorer, in all file systems. The implementation (of symlinks
and SUBST) may vary, though, depending on the concrete filesystem.

DoDi