[Lazarus] thread safe

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Jun 27 15:34:45 CEST 2011

 Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de> hat am 27. Juni 2011 um 14:57 geschrieben:

 > There is no question that we all agree about the technical background of
 > all this.
 >
 > The discussion I started was just about what (new) definitions makes
 > sense to be provided in the docs to the user of an Object language to
 > allow him to decide which object (e.g. TList vs. TThreadList) he needs
 > to use where in his threaded application and what is allowed (e.g.
 > accessing multiple TList instances from multiple threads with each
 > thread only accessing one of them, or accessing any TThreadList instance
 > from any thread) and what is  forbidden (e.g accessing a single TList
 > instance from multiple threads or accessing a TForm instance from any
 > thread but the MainThread.)
 The documentation can simply say about TList:
 Thread safe: no
 Used non thread safe global variables: none

 About TAVLTree:
 Thread safe: no
 Used non thread safe global variables: NodeMemManager, unless overriden by
SetNodeManager

 No need for new terms. And everyone knows what to do to use the class in a
specific thread.

 Mattias