[Lazarus] Lazarus IDE can't multi-task

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 16:55:15 CEST 2011

On 06/27/2011 04:41 PM, Michael Schnell wrote:
> I don't think this is desirable. It might result in an inconsistently
> compiled project.

Why? What's wrong with me trying to tweak my editor settings, or doing a
keyword search in the source code etc. - while the long running
compiling happens in the background?

Yes it might not be a everyday occurrence, but in my case, I did in fact
want to adjust my editor settings - but then noticed that the compiling
was paused while the dialog was open. I thought this was rather odd.

Yeah sure, there are some caution to be had. For example, maybe make the
Project Options (compiler settings areas etc) read-only while a
compilation is is progress, but there are many other dialogs which
should be usable while compiling is ongoing.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/