[Lazarus] Inserting many components on form

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Tue Jun 28 11:46:11 CEST 2011

fluisgirardi at gmail.com schrieb:

> Maybe I started my components with a wrong concept. Each component,
> represents a memory (or a set of memories) on a remote device (like a
> PLC) that can be read and/or written. These components can be linked
> with edits, labels, progress bars and others controls created to
> show/modifies/stores the value of these components.

I'd "virtualize" the GUI, so that not every item is represented by a
different component. It may help to store the items in a database,
instead of using the component streaming mechanism and resource files.

It's okay to use components (i.e. controls) for the GUI, but these
should be limited to the required representation (dialogs...) of the
data items. Then configure the visible controls to show the data for the
currently selected item.

DoDi