[Lazarus] thread safe

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Jun 29 16:52:32 CEST 2011

On 06/28/2011 08:34 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> Another aspect seems to be the synchronization of *all* data, in *all*
> caches. Is this correct, or do I expect too much?
Not necessary (e.g.) on detecting that a cache line resides in multiple
caches doing an immediate write back and invalidating for all other
caches a cache line that is written to in one cache would forces a
synchronization without too much overhead. AFAIK certain processors
provide a dedicated fast inter-cache bus for such operations.

I suppose how exactly this is done depends on the CPU manufacturer.

-Michael