[Lazarus] thread safe

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Jun 30 12:14:54 CEST 2011

Lukasz Sokol schrieb:
> On 29/06/2011 16:11, Michael Schnell wrote:
>> On 06/28/2011 08:14 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
>>>
>>> I just found a very nice description of some aspects of thread safety in
>>> http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/xrat/V4_xsh_chap02.html#tag_22_02_09_08
>>> titled "Thread-Safety".
>> Great.
>>
>> Niche background information on Posix.
>>
>> But it does not help regarding the issue of defining a thread-safety paradigm for classes.
>>

> How is the 'thread safety for classses' different from
> thread safety for any other code ?

Thread-safety has many facettes. An item may be safe in one aspect, e.g.
not using global variables, but unsafe in other aspects.

Objects (classes) add further topics to the list of items, that make up
"thread-safety" in general.

During the various discussions I got the impression, that thread-safety
only can be a headline or keyword, that leads to a detailed description
of thread-related properties or behaviour of the described item.

DoDi