[Lazarus] How to implement automatic sizing?

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Mon Mar 14 08:31:27 CET 2011

When I e.g. want to automatically extend the last column of a list(view)
  to the available space (kind of alClient), how should I proceed?

The list columns have an AutoSize property, but it has the adverse
effect of *shrinking* columns to the size of the header text. The list
control has no AutoSize property - can I use that one to implement what
I want? Or should I use ChildSizing - how?

And once I have choosen a property, what methods have to be added to the
control?

BTW how comes that neither TControl nor TWinControl are listed in the
unit 'Controls' Types in online help?

DoDi