[Lazarus] Next FPC official release

Alexsander Rosa alexsander.rosa at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 17:17:45 CET 2011

AFAIK, Lazarus 0.9.30 will be the last Lazarus release able to be compiled
with an official FPC release. The current Lazarus trunk needs FPC 2.5.1 and
FPC 2.6.0 is going to be released in a distant future. So we have, for the
first time, a "gap": you can't be partly bleeding-edge anymore. Before that,
I used to get Lazarus from SVN (and report a few issues/send some patches
along the way) with a "stable" FPC. When 0.9.30 comes out in a few days, we
will have to choose between Lazarus/FPC both official releases (an no more
bug reports/patches) or Lazarus/FPC both from bleeding edge SVN, with 2
times more probability of instability. I'm aware I'm whining here, but I
think I'm not the only one in this situation.

--
Atenciosamente,
Alexsander da Rosa