[Lazarus] a consult about Tdbf

Peter Williams pewilliams2010 at live.com
Fri Mar 4 22:47:23 CET 2011

Hi Hector,

> From: hfiandor at infomed.sld.cu
> To: lazarus at lists.lazarus.freepascal.org
> Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 17:37:18 -0500
> Subject: [Lazarus] a consult about Tdbf
>
> Dear List:
> i am working with Tdbf and i want to fix in a DBEdit control the words Yes
> or No.
> If i do it typing "yes" or "no", no problem, the DBEdit control interprets a
> change and the Navigator bar become Active an i can "post".
>
> but i want to do it clicking over the DBEdit.
>
> i have implemented in the DBEditClick event this procedure
> begin
>     if DBEdit.text='yes' then DBEdit.text:='No'
>     else
>     if DBEdit.text='No' or DBEdit.text='' then DBEdit.text:='Yes';
> end;

I think I follow your logic & it seems to me that you'd be better off using a TCheckBox and checking and assigning the .Checked property.
Your logic would then become:
Var   CheckBox1 : TCheckBox;begin  // assign Checkbox1.Checked somewhere (true or false)  Checkbox1.Checked := not Checkbox1.Checked;
... is this what you are trying to do? You are really just inverting the logic of the field, correct?
> and the DBEdit control remain with the original field value and the
> Navigator bar dont get Active.
>
> thanks in advance,
>
> yours,
>
> Ing. Héctor F. Fiandor Rosario