[Lazarus] The perfect Linux distro for FPC and Lazarus development

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 10:35:07 CET 2011

Op 2011-03-07 11:18, Henry Vermaak het geskryf:

> `apt-get build-dep flamerobin` will install all the necessary packages
> to be able to build flamerobin from the source package. Installing the
> build-essential package is also a must in most cases.

The reason I prefer a distro that contains everything I need, is because
my home internet (via mobile phone) is f**ken expensive compared to our
work connection. So I can now download one ISO image at work, knowing
that I have everything to setup a working development PC at home too -
without needing a internet connection at home.

I'm not saying Slackware is for everybody, I just thought I would share
my positive experience with Slackware, and how easy it was to setup my
development tools.

Regards,
   - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/