[Lazarus] Refactor Menu

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 14:10:39 CET 2011

Howard Page-Clark kirjoitti maanantai 07 maaliskuu 2011 00:29:39:
> > The trouble is that the Delphi layout is burned into the minds of
> > many after 15 years. Deviating too far is unconstructive.
>
> Point taken. However, Juha is proposing adding a main menu item which
> Delphi already has (well, not the XE Starter, but the others) and which
> Lazarus currently lacks, i. e. improving compatibility.

I didn't only propose it, I actually implemented "Source" and "Refactor" menus
in Lazarus trunk.
The "Edit" menu now looks very different from your list.

I will return to menu changes little later. However I try to be careful not to
implement every idea that comes to my or someone else's head. The menu
structure is subjective, a matter of opinion, and will never be perfect.
I already know there will be opposite opinions about any change proposed.

Regards,
Juha