[Lazarus] More to discuss about Main-Menu

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 20:47:15 CET 2011

On 7 March 2011 10:28, Sven Barth wrote:

> Out of curiosity: can you name some of these "Some Windows & Linux
> applications"?

Sure... gFTP under Linux, I guess you can add Opera and Chrome to the
list because they use the application name or logo to access there
menu. Then I guess you can add any of the new Microsoft applications
which uses that tabbed-style toolbar thingy. They also have an
"application logo" in the top/left which pulls down the menu when you
click it etc.. There was a few more apps that use purely menus like
gFTP, but I think you get the idea. The mac-style "application name"
as first menu entry is slowly catching on in other platforms too. I'm
seeing it more and more - even our custom written company applications
(for Linux and Windows) are using it now, and our clients think it's
quite logical - more so than a File menu when you aren't even working
with files. :)

  - Graeme -