[Lazarus] Catch ObjC Exception in TTrayIcon?

Tobias Giesen tobias_subscriber at tgtools.com
Tue Mar 8 13:36:06 CET 2011

> Is there anything special about this machine? Maybe he has a newer Mac
> OS X version or something?

Apparently the problem appeared with the 10.6.6 update, but it runs fine
on many other such machines. I have asked the user all kinds of questions
in this direction (screen/appearance etc.) but he says there is nothing
unusual.

Next I will try if it makes sense, in carbontrayicon.inc, to call
statusItemWithLength with a different parameter (currently the
parameter is NSSquareStatusItemLength).

If all fails I will just make it so that the app doesn't try to use the
tray icon any more if it has failed once. It really seems to be just
this one machine.

Cheers,
Tobias