[Lazarus] More menu changes

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 10 10:52:52 CET 2011

Am 09.03.2011 22:31, schrieb Juha Manninen:
> One idea: "Options" could be moved to Tools->Options or Edit->Preferences. The
> other settings could go there, too. Scan FPC directory would go to Tools.
> Enviroment menu would go away.

If you move the "Options", then I'd vote for "Tools->Options", because
that sounds more reasonable to look for configuration than the "Edit"
menu... (just my opinion)

> On the other hand some packages can register their settings into a menu. It
> makes sense to have one dedicated menu for settings.

Maybe the packages should be modified to register their settings in the
"Options" dialog then (the JCF does that afaik).

To prevent something like this maybe a "best practices" guide for IDE
packages should be made (or is there already one?), which could contain
something like "register settings in the Options dialog instead of
creating a custom menu item"

Regards,
Sven