[Lazarus] More explorations with tiOPF

Frank Church vfclists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 18:14:35 CET 2011

On 14 March 2011 11:37, Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Op 2011-03-14 13:17, Frank Church het geskryf:
>

>> I fixed this by changing to AddInstance as it was commented out and
>> documented in the source.
>>

> Thank for the note, I'll update the demos.
>

>> 2. Is the source for the lazdatadesktop available.
>>

> Yes, it's included with Lazarus in the <laz>/tools/lazdatadesktop/
> directory. For convenience (mainly for Delphi developers), I have included
> binaries of Lazarus Data Desktop at the tiOPF SourceForge Download page. The
> binaries is a bit old I think.
>

> Regards,
>  - Graeme -
>
> --
> fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
> http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/
>

> --

Issue 3:

Is there a non GUI  example that stores the data to a SQL table, and can
create it as well?

In Demo_OneToMany I tried to test SQLite by changing these two lines:

Demo_OneToMany.dpr (After Application.Initialize)

  //gTIOPFManager.DefaultPersistenceLayerName := cTIPersistXMLLight;
  gTIOPFManager.DefaultPersistenceLayerName := cTIPersistSqldbSQLLite3;

FMainOneToMany.pas

  // Database file name
  //cDatabase = 'testdb.xmll';
  cDatabase = 'testdb';

After I make this change, a SQLite table is not created, but instead a
directory is created and CSV files are created there.
In the Compiler options of tioXXX I ensured that -dLINK_SQLDB_SQLLite3 is
present. Is some kind of tiQuerySQLLite required that is not yet
implemented? I can't see a reference to SQLite in the tiOPF uses list.

Issue 4:

When I try to compile tiOPFGUI it halts with this error:

C:\lazarus28240\components\tiOPF2\Source\GUI\tiPerAwareCtrls.pas(157,28)
Error: No property found to override

The property in question is TtiPerAwareAbs.ParentCtl3d in unit
tiPerAwareCtrls;

>From what I understand from the docs the custom controls that come with it
will not work in the IDE, but shouldn't they be able to work if they are
createed at runtime?

I want to get acquainted with the non GUI aspects, such as creating objects
and saving them, then turn to Model-Gui-Mediators later on,

--
Frank Church