[Lazarus] More explorations with tiOPF

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 15 11:13:26 CET 2011

Am 15.03.2011 09:57, schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
> If I can setup a SqlLite server or something, then I can start testing
> that persistence layer under tiOPF too. I'll see what I can manage.

No need to setup a server. Just download the library (or install it
using your distro's package manager) and be happy.

> I know nothing about SQLLite.... Is it free to use? ie, can I download
> something like a client library or server (that's if everything isn't
> included with FPC itself), and include it in my hourly build sever runs?
> I already test 5 persistence layers like that using FPC 32bit and
> 64bit... I should really include SqlLite, MySQL and Postgres in those
> runs too - at least I know the latter two are free, plus we have a spare
> linux server here, that is not doing much at the moment.

SQLite is licensed as Public Domain and only consists of a small
(~300kB) library that contains the whole DB engine. It also supports
pure in-memory databases ;)

Thus its best suited for embedded cases (we use it on Windows Mobile
devices).

For more information see here: http://www.sqlite.org/

Regards,
Sven