[Lazarus] More explorations with tiOPF

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Tue Mar 15 16:23:59 CET 2011

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011, Andreas Berger wrote:

>>> It still blows my mind why Firebird RDBMS isn't more popular, yet
>>> half-baked ones like MySQL (and from what I can read SQLLite too) is.
>>
>> Simple: Sloppy work is a virtue these days.
>>
> I use both, so I will try to explain why I chose to use SQLite in some
> projects.
> - SQLite is faster, MUCH faster, absolutely no comparison.

This is contrary to what my tests show. For simple queries: yes, sqlite is
slightly faster.

For slightly complex to complex queries: no way. As soon as 2 or more joins
enter the query, SQLite was beaten by Firebird hands down.

I tested using a database with >600.000 records - it makes no sense to do
speed comparisons on small databases.

Michael.