[Lazarus] the new menu "source"

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 22:26:57 CET 2011

Žilvinas Ledas kirjoitti keskiviikko 16 maaliskuu 2011 22:29:14:
> Hello all,
>
> On 2011-03-16 21:02, Jesus Reyes wrote:
[..]
> > Having "source" and "refactor" menus is IMO too much, why not insert
> > Refactor menu as a submenu of Source menu.
>
> I second that.

The idea is to have more refactor items in the future. Then it makes more
sense to have a menu for it.

The length of main menu can be a problem with translated caption texts because
there are so many items now.
At least Environment menu will be merged with Tools menu when the remaining
setting dialogs are integrated to Options dialog. It helps a bit.

> And another observation - wouldn't it be better to have simpler shortcut
> for "Rename identifier"? e. g. MonoDevelop uses F2 (as Windows uses it
> to rename a file).

Good idea. Delphi uses Ctrl-Shift-E. Does it use F2 for anything?
Lazarus ClassicScheme mapping has F2 for Save file but ClassicScheme is not
used. The default mapping had F2 free so I assigned it to "Rename identifier"
as an alternative shortcut. Both work now.

Juha