[Lazarus] Lazbuild and configuration files

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Mon Mar 21 13:13:59 CET 2011

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 7:39 PM, Mark Morgan Lloyd
<markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
> I've got a handful of systems here where, for various reasons, I run
> lazbuild rather than the IDE when I want to compile a project for test
> purposes. In general this works well.
>
> A couple of days ago I ran lazbuild on a system where I do occasionally run
> the IDE, but found myself in trouble because I had changed the name of the
> Lazarus directory.
>
> In a situation like this, the options appear to be (i) run the IDE or (ii)
> edit the XML configuration file by hand. Is there a (iii), e.g. a parameter
> to lazbuild that tells it to update a configuration file before it uses its
> contents?

I use my Lazarus in my PC, of course, and from HD external too.
This HD always have to execute in W: driver, on Windows. So, I made a
BAT to not have config files errors:
@echo off

set mypath=%cd%
set mylaz=%mypath%\ide\laz\0.9.29

cd \

if /i %cd% equ W:\ (
  cd %mylaz%
  start lazarus --pcp=%mypath%\ide\laz\config
) else (
  echo "invalid driver"
  pause
)