[Lazarus] Indy compilation problem revisited.

Frank Church vfclists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 21:43:23 CET 2011

On 23 March 2011 16:20, Frank Church <vfclists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 22 March 2011 18:15, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 00:44:43 +1100
>> Peter Williams <pewilliams2010 at live.com> wrote:
>>
>> >[...]
>> IdStream
>>
>> You can try compiling the Indy package with -Ur. Add this to the
>> compiler options of the Indy package.

>> message Fatal: Can't find unit IdStreamVCL used by IdStream?
>>
>> Process: fpc
>> Meaning: a ppu file is outdated. There is a bug in fpc that can trigger
>> this. There are several ways to work around the bug. One is to use -Ur.
>>

> I will test your suggestion. I have always suspected that there some bugs
> in FPC that Indy triggers.

After trying it out it now compiling is okay, but when it comes to
registration it stops on the file indylaz.pas, which is the file that
registers the components.

It is sensible or the norm for the unit that does the registration to have
the same base name of the project file?

ie indylaz.pas and indylaz.lpk

The file also appears to be created at compile time

--
Frank Church