[Lazarus] FPC and Lazarus on ARM

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Mar 24 08:55:22 CET 2011

Tobias Giesen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I now have a netbook computer with an ARM processor running Ubuntu.
> Ideally I would like to install FPC and Lazarus on it and do native
> ARM development. I wonder if it might be possible. Can I cross-compile
> FPC to get a native FPC running on ARM?
>
> Or at least can I cross-compile my app?
>
> The target will be ARM-Ubuntu, not ARM-WinCE ;=)

I run both FPC and Lazarus natively on ARM. The major issue is ensuring
that enough memory is available- a Lazarus build wants about 512Mb
during link. I've got a couple of issues with the Lazarus IDE that I
need to get to the stage where I can raise bug reports but lazbuild
works fine.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk