[Lazarus] FPC and Lazarus on ARM

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Mar 25 13:07:34 CET 2011

Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Michael Schnell wrote:
>>>   So I think that the wiki could be used to installa fpc/lazarus
>>> on any arm-linux platform. :)
>> Sounds great. So maybe Mark could do  some testing and enhance the
>> text to be more general.
>
> I'll see what I can do, but it might be better if I started off by
> transcribing my notes into a new page which could then be reconciled.
>
> I had a lot of difficulty at the time that Debian was forcing a
> transition from ABI to EABI. I think it was Jonas who pointed me at a
> binary that got me out of some of the problems, but I'm very quick to
> admit that I don't really know my way around the various non-production
> versions.

I've hacked something into
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Native_ARM_Systems based on my notes
and an audit of what I've installed on development systems. If anybody
has additional detail please add it, in particular if anybody has useful
links for things like getting FPC or Lazarus sources over Subversion
they could go in.

Another useful page would be on getting/building libgdb- has anybody
done this (and if not where should it be)?

I wonder if I could make a suggestion: if anybody adds arcana related to
hardware that the rest of the community doesn't have, please initial it
so that everybody knows who the expert is :-)

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk