[Lazarus] Rescan FPC sources crashes Lazarus

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 10:12:18 CET 2011

On 25 March 2011 23:36, Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:

> You know the answer, Graeme...
>
> But I agree that this could be done better. Keep the IsMultiThread variable
> for Delphi compatibility,

And if Delphi jumps off a cliff so will all FPC developers?  Well, I will NOT.

While we can't help for the Delphi developers being stupid, we could
try and learn from their mistakes and make FPC better! I'm pretty sure
many here would agree, that we all choose to use FPC with the hopes
that it is BETTER than Delphi, not just a damn second rated clone
(always being one step behind Delphi).

There are many new designs and improved programming styles or design
patterns that reduce (or totally eliminate) the need for such unsafe
global variable usage.

  - Graeme -