[Lazarus] Rescan FPC sources crashes Lazarus

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 12:23:11 CET 2011

On 26 March 2011 12:55, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at net****> wrote:

> The joke was to use a function.

And my point was that anything (not necessarily a function) is better
that a global read-write variable that could cause something as
serious an an application crash.

> A read only property would be nice and a separate procedure to set it.

Exactly what I was trying to get across.

> But I don't know if this is compatible.

Compatible with what? In the event that somebody implements a new
Thread Manager? And how often does that really happen? If you mean
being able to query the RTL to see if Multii-threading is enabled,
then simply being able to read a property or function that returns a
boolean is perfectly compatible with a boolean global variable.

  - Graeme -