[Lazarus] [OT] About licences

de_jean_7777 de_jean_7777 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 26 15:28:56 CET 2011

On 26.3.2011 15:14, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> The only problem is designtime code. This links into the IDE, and thus
> touched the GPL. However, the GPL only activates on distribution, so unless
> you plan to release Lazarus with MPL stuff preinstalled, there is no
> problem.

I don't think this is correct. The GPL does not cover output of a
program (e.g. code automatically created by the IDE). Only if the
program used code from the IDE (including IDE units into the program),
then it would fall under GPL. As far as I know, all a program needs is
the LCL, and should normally not include any code from the IDE.