[Lazarus] Codetools confused?

patspiper patspiper at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 21:30:55 CET 2011

On 03/26/2011 08:58 PM, Bart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Lazarus 0.9.31 r29641 (Win9x).
> My CodeTools seem confused.
>
> I have a TPageControl (name = NoteBook) on my form.
> When I type NoteBook. (in the source editor) and then wait a while
> (after typing the dot), CodeTools pops up and amogst others suggest
> BorderStyle.
> However TPageControl does not have a BorderStyle property.
>
> Also, when I am in a string constant and type a dot, CodeTools also
> pops up and suggest any variable, constant etc. in the current unit.
>
> Anyone experienced the same?
I have noticed CodeTools confusion lately indeed. Find Declaration would
fail with non existent syntax errors (it is enough to close and reopen
the unit for normal operation). Once, Windows properties appeared in the
identifier completion window, whereas my project is set for Linux (cross
compilation is setup on my box). I have no way of reproducing at will.

Stephano