[Lazarus] FPC and Lazarus on ARM

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Mar 28 11:33:13 CEST 2011

On 03/24/2011 02:53 PM, Michael Schnell wrote:
> In fact I have no experience at all with any of ISCSI, NFS and Debian,
> so I did not dare to start the migration yet.
Triggered by this discussion, in the weekend, I took my Slug out of the
cupboard, updated Debian to the most recent distribution and found:

  - The NFS Kernel-Server already is in place
  - The LVM (Logical Volume Manager / Device Mapper) already is in
place. :)
  - The "automount" file system already is in place :)
  - I was able to publish a local directory via NFS just by writing the
appropriate information in the "/etc/exports" file and restarting the
nfs-kernel-server :)
  - I was able to make my Suse Box automount this NFS share read it and
re-publish it via SMB :)
  - Unfortunately, the NFS share is read-only on the Suse Box (using
only root user at both sites), even tough "mount" says read-write, and
"rw" is enabled in the "exports" file :( .
  - Unfortunately, on the Slug, automount does not seem to create the
subdirectory given in the /etc/auto.xxx file denoted by
/auto/auto.master, so that I can't automount the USB disks yet :( .
  - I did not yet try to attach an existing LVM disk to the slug (but I
do know that I need to issue some commands to make the system see it and
make it usable for mounting. ;)

Moreover ion the Suse-Box I tested that creating and using hard links
and symlinks on a NFS-remoted device works just fine. :)

-Michael