[Lazarus] FPC and Lazarus on ARM

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Mar 28 13:01:53 CEST 2011

On 03/28/2011 11:41 AM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

> I have AC100 in my office. Remember that if you have Android installed
> don't think that you will be able to use it as a development platform.
> Android pretty much kills this possibility because:
> * There is no user-acessible console
Not true.
My son just bought an android phone. Within just a few minutes he had an
App up and running that gave him a console window (including a keyboard
on the touch screen, as his device does not have a physical keyboard).
He did not have root access then, but he said there are instructions
found on the Internet how to do this.
> * Users cannot run native apps (like FPC, binutils, etc)
Not true. On this forum I recently found a link to instructions on how
to install an FPC program on an Android device.
> * No appropriate text editor,
I am positive that editor Apps easily can be found
> no appropriate IDEs
As FPC programs do run and I seem to remember that there are several
ways (with pros and cons) to make them create a GUI, I do suppose that
someone will make Lazarus run some day soon.
> * Strict permissions
I am positive that they are breakable, given that the software is open
source, GPL licensed, mostly community driven, and there is a lot of
public interest in giving knowledgeable users all permissions they want.

-Michael