[Lazarus] Error during Lazarus rebuilding 0.9.30

Frank Church vfclists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 14:50:58 CEST 2011

On 28 March 2011 12:56, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 12:48:09 +0100
> Frank Church <vfclists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >[...]
> > After following your suggestion it appears that the packages are added
> twice
> > to staticpackages.inc.
> >
> > kgrid uses printer4lazarus and dbflaz, and they appear twice in the
> > staticpackages.inc. I opened the file and realized that they are
> duplicated.
>
> Darn.
> What Lazarus version do you use exactly?

It is the new 0.9.30 available at sourceforge

Version #: 0.9.30
Date: 2011-03-08
FPC Version: 2.4.2
SVN Revision: 29749
i386-win32-2in32/win64

> > I went into the IDE and removed them ie uninstalled them, yet when it
> comes
> > to building the IDE again they are duplicated yet again in
> > staticpackages.inc.
> >
> > The IDE appears to be generating the error that staticpackages.inc cannot
> be
> > found, when it appears that the error is a duplicate file name error.
> >
> > Another thing I want to ask - is the -pcp directory the normal location
> for
> > staticpackages.inc? I thought it would be in the installation directory.
>
> No, the user can compile a new IDE with his own set of installed
> packages.
>

> > staticpackages.inc(4,16) Error: Duplicate identifier "PRINTER4LAZARUS"
> > staticpackages.inc(4,16) Error: Duplicate identifier "printer4lazarus"
> > staticpackages.inc(8,7) Error: Duplicate identifier "DBFLAZ"
> > staticpackages.inc(8,7) Error: Duplicate identifier "dbflaz"
>
> Hmm, seems like somewhere a package name is not compared case
> insensitive.

I have succeeded by following these steps.

I removed printer4lazarus and dbflaz from the package list and saved it.
Then I closed the IDE and reopened it. Doing a build all from that state
worked with Kgrid installing successfully.
I have also been able to install the Indy package after that without any
problems.

Thanks for the help. I think the tool you are developing will come in very
useful. It can't arrive too soon.

> > componenttreeview.pas(44,18) Fatal: Can't find unit ComponentTreeView
> used
> > by ObjectInspector
>

> Mattias
>
> --