[Lazarus] Lazarus config woes

Andreas Schneider aksdb at gmx.de
Wed Mar 30 11:56:47 CEST 2011

On Wednesday, March 30, 2011 11:19 michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be wrote:
> Well, definitely not on Unix.
> On unix, the EXE directory should never contain config files.

That  depends.  I  think I'm not the only Lazarus user who has Lazarus
"installed"  in  his  home  directory; i.e. without "make install". In
that  case  it  wouldn't hurt to have the configs being looked up in a
subdirectory  of that path. However I share Vincent's opinion that the
--pcp  parameter  is far easier and no matter what system, it's always
pretty easy to create a launcher (shortcut on windows, shell script on
*nix). For example a startlaz_trunk.sh in ~/bin/, that simply executes
~/laztrunk/startlazarus --pcp=...

--
Best Regards,
Andreas