[Lazarus] Lazarus config woes

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Wed Mar 30 13:16:21 CEST 2011

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be schrieb:

>> IMO the IDE should look for a configuration in the current (EXE)
>> directory first, and only into the common directory when no config can
>> be found there.
>
> Well, definitely not on Unix. On unix, the EXE directory should never
> contain config files.

I dare to disagree. A SVN checkout is writeable, and this is where the
EXE is stored, along with the related source files. Consequently the
config should be stored there as well.

You seem to think of a standard Lazarus installation in some protected
directory. In this case it should do no harm when that directory does
*not* contain any config, whereupon the IDE will search other places.

DoDi