[Lazarus] Lazarus config woes

Zaher Dirkey parmaja at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 01:40:42 CEST 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 12:17 AM, Michael Van Canneyt <
michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Mar 2011, Zaher Dirkey wrote:
>
>  You all repeat another discuses, while the end user like me, still have
>> problem to share him config espicialy for IDE.
>>
>> The real question, without using command line how to share config file
>> between Windows and Linux at the same computer, (export/import it is bad
>> idea).
>> Let me point where is my config files.
>>
>> And another problem u must care about it that not all config setting suite
>> for Linux if i made it in Windows
>>
>> Why it is bad idea if i put head config file in the config directory
>> (whatever it placed) to forward the config dir to another one?.
>>

> You can place the config path wherever you want. See:
>
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Multiple_Lazarus#The_config_directory
>
> So you can use
>
>   lazarus --primary-config-path=/my/shared/config/directory/for/lazarus
>
> or
>   lazarus --primary-config-path=/my/private/settings

I already have this answer before. this command line params, that mean i
must make shortcut for it, and i am not sure if lazarus will take it when
rebuild packages and restart.

> This, combined with some windows batch files or desktop shortcuts, will
> cover almost anything you are likely to encounter.
>
> The only point I was trying to make is that on UNIX (and only on Unix)
> looking by default in the directory where the binary is, goes against
> long-standing unix practise and recommendations.
> No unix tool does this. Not even when it is freshly (re)built from sources.
> And neither should Lazarus.

I am sure there is tool use Environment to change the workspace place in
linux/unix.

--
Zaher Dirkey