[Lazarus] Lazarus config woes

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Mar 31 13:15:26 CEST 2011

Michael Van Canneyt schrieb:

> The only point I was trying to make is that on UNIX (and only on Unix)
> looking by default in the directory where the binary is, goes against
> long-standing unix practise and recommendations.

Depends on what you consider UNIX. I understand that ParamStr[0] may get
into the way, when a process has no chance to find out where it resides
on disk.

> No unix tool does this. Not even when it is freshly (re)built from
> sources. And neither should Lazarus.
>
> I claimed no more, no less.

I never said that Lazarus should *break* that convention.

I only want a chance for removing the *need* for the explicit
specification of an pcp, on every Lazarus invocation. It won't break
anything and requires only a few lines in source code, when the IDE
searches for a config in the EXE directory, before starting the standard
search.

DoDi