[Lazarus] Lazarus config woes

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 13:25:57 CEST 2011

On 31/03/2011 12:22, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> Try compiling different versions of any unix application - this is where
> repository checkouts enter the scene. And then try to use all these
> versions in parallel...

I do this often, and have no problems. Why? Because the apps I use (in
this example Mozilla Firefox), supports just like Lazarus a parameter to
say which "profile directory to use". So when I run Firefox 3.x in uses
the default profile directory. When I run Firefox 4.x beta, it uses the
profile directory I specified in the command line (or in the desktop
shortcut settings).

I do the exact same thing with Lazarus (trunk) and Lazarus 0.9.30.x
(fixes). I don't have any problems.... so I'm a bit confused really what
this whole message thread is all about. Have two or more desktop
icons... each pointing to a specific version of lazarus, and each with a
--pcp parameter.

Regards,
   - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/