[Lazarus] LCL-Qt with horizontal tabs or left/right

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 10 12:51:19 CEST 2011

Hi,

Even before the option was available in the IDE, I have hacked my
Lazarus IDE to have editor tabs on the right of my editor window instead
of the default top.

The really nice thing is that in GTK2, the text is in a normal
horizontal orientation. NOT rotated on it's side (like Windows) - thus
reducing the neck pain of trying to read vertical text, and horizontal
text is so much easier to read too.

Is it possible for LCL-Qt to have horizontal text too, like LCL-GTK2? At
least just for the IDE?  After compiling my IDE for LCL-Qt I was forced
to place my editor tabs on the top again (what a waste for widescreen
displays).

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/