[Lazarus] Run Without Debbuging Shift+Ctrl+F9

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sun May 1 13:47:11 CEST 2011

On 01.05.2011 12:44, Bernd wrote:
> 2011/5/1 Bernd<prof7bit at googlemail.com>:
>> * there is no option to clear it, with every new run it will scroll to
>> the top but append the new text at the bottom
>> * there is no scrollbar
>> * it should use a fixed width font (some applications might output
>> formatted text)
>
> * and there should be an option to make it open automatically when the
> program is run and this option should be enabled by default, just to
> make it consistent with the xterm also appearing automatically when
> the app is run without debugger.

You need to open a terminal with the settings of your choice and Lazarus
just tells GDB to redirect the output of the debugged process to that
window. Lazarus has basically no way of knowing what your preffered
shell looks like (as there are many, many different terminal
applications on Linux).

And for me most of your points worked:
I simply started my systems default terminal application which is
configured the way I like it (it's an urxvt with scrollbar on the right,
black background, grey foreground color, fixed width font). Then I
printed the tty number and entered that in the options dialog.

When I run my application it did output to that shell window, the output
was appended at the bottom and the scrollbar scrolled down as it should
(even when I restarted my applicaton).

What could be done by the Lazarus devs though is to use the "starting
application" that's entered in the projects option, let that execute the
"tty" command and then Lazarus uses that to start GDB. This way the user
could use his/her default shell (or maybe a global "terminal" command
line option would be better)

Regards,
Sven