[Lazarus] wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org have problem with mysql

Helmut Hartl helmut.hartl at firmos.at
Wed May 4 11:36:56 CEST 2011

Am 03.05.11 21:57, schrieb Florian Klämpfl:
> Am 03.05.2011 21:54, schrieb waldo kitty:
>>>
>>> I can confirm this problem. They should have used Firebird RDBMS
>>> instead. ;-)
>> and, FWIW, no database backend for internet stuffings should ever be
>> accessed on localhost... database servers should reside on a backend
>> server separate from the frontend server(s)... from a security
>> standpoint, running a database server on the same machine as the
>> frontend is just very very very bad juju that could lead to a security
>> nightmare :?
> We are still waiting for volounteer full time admins to pop up not only
> doing the work for free but also supplying machines for free so we can
> follow all good practice rules regarding backups, redundancy etc.
Regarding machines:
We still offer virtual machines at http://fpcfun.firmos.at/node/1
on this machine http://fpcfun.firmos.at/node/4.
We have some 4TB of free space on a FreeBSD NAS
And 100 MBit/ symmetrical up and downlink in a datacenter.
Theoretically our bandwith usage is unlimited.
But of course the content must be fully legal.
(even a mail misconfiguration and a abuse report can
  *theoretically* lead to a downtake from our isp)

What I / We cannot offer at the moment is realistic full time admin support.
We can however help with admin task but only on FreeBSD machines.
(Less maintenance neccessary out of the box and KnowHow,Stability).

So the machines are in principle only usable for willing
and trustworthy admins.

Currently we host msegui.org / lazarus.firmos.at (forum) / zeos.firmos.at
and various build and test machines.

helmut