[Lazarus] Run Without Debbuging Shift+Ctrl+F9

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Fri May 6 09:01:04 CEST 2011

On 05/05/2011 22:43, Flávio Etrusco wrote:
>>> Does "no debugger" behave this way? Actually I don't think Delphi
>>> behaved like that, i guess it simply launched the application (maybe
>>> it deserves a new name if we go this route ;-)
>> We're not creating delphi !
>> I don't think we need a 2nd way of running processes. The ide still needs
>> the info.
>>
>> Marc
> Of course. It only that I often wanted this in lazarus when I needed
> several instances to run concurrently.

Then the IDE can no longer keep track, if the process runs, and further
attempts to compile will fail (exe locked / at least on windows).

Though I can see your requirement. I would think, that such an
"independent" launcher, would be best done as an installable package.
It can then be discussed, if such a package could be included in the
lazarus distribution, or was to be kept as separate download.

Btw, there is another scenario:
One might want to launch an app without debugger (maybe because some
library loaded at launch does not work in gdb), and then attach to the
running app (assuming attach is implemented).