[Lazarus] fpWeb & fcgi

ABorka fpc-devel at aborka.com
Mon May 9 06:28:43 CEST 2011

On 5/8/2011 20:41, Lee Jenkins wrote:

> I have a web type project coming up and decided to poke around in the
> fpWeb stuff. My, you guys have been busy, I never took a good look
> around the fpweb/laz web sources till today. I was thinking of using php
> with symfony or one of the smaller frameworks, but its a bit overkill
> for my project. I'm considering using fpweb/lazarus so I'm writing a
> small test application.
>
> I thought I saw mention of a embedded web server available? I currently
> have a pretty simple embedded server using synapse that is a modified
> version of the demo that comes with the sources. I was thinking of
> writing a TCustomWebApplication to use that. But I did remember
> somewhere in a recent thread, there was mention of an existing embedded
> server...?
>
> Also, if its not too much trouble, a sample of someone's <IfModule
> mod_fastcgi.c> declaration, etc for httpd.conf, I'd appreciate it. I'm
> looking at samples on the web now for setting up apache for fcgi, but
> most of its for php fcgi setup and I'm trying to get my head around
> setting apache to look for fpweb fcgi apps to handle requests.
>
> What I'd like to do is work through the process of writing a small
> sample app (easy peasy) and then setting up the environment to start
> testing right away so if I ask a lot elementary questions...
>
> I'll be documenting the creation of a small web app that will be using
> some of the basic stuff in fpweb like templates, sending xml/json, using
> content producers, etc including setting up for the different host
> environments like apache vs fcgi, etc. I'll put it on the wiki or submit
> it over the tracker when I'm finished.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Warm Regards,
>
> Lee

http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,12817.msg66447.html#msg66447

has some info on the apache FCGI config.
Use FPC and Lazarus from the latest SVN sources to get the latest
updates and fixes.
(note, that currently Apache modules are not compiling properly /no
errors, only the modules does not work/, so only use CGI or FCGI).

AB