[Lazarus] ListView and autosize

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 9 13:16:53 CEST 2011

On 09/05/2011 14:06, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb761163%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
>>
>> The value of LVSCW_AUTOSIZE_USEHEADER is -2.
>
> Okay, that's a Windows specific convention. Unfortunately it is not
> documented in a way that allows to implement it for other widgetsets.

+1
Such Windows-ism doesn't belong in a cross-platform cross-widgetset library.

As for a simple solution, and which makes it very clear for the
developer what is happening, why not apply that option to the listview,
not per column.

eg:
   ListView.Options := ListView.Options + [lo_AutoSizeLastColumn];

lo = "listview option". I didn't check if the ListView already has a
Options property. I know the StringGrid has, and that is where such
things are defined for the StringGrid. Make sense to me to do similar
for the ListView.

Just my 2ยข worth...

Regards,
  - Graeme -